Who has been nominated for an academy award most but hasn't won?
- FAQ. Those who are looking for an answer to the question «Who has been nominated for an academy award most but hasn't won?» often ask the following questions
- 1 other answer
- Your answer
- 23 Related questions
Those who are looking for an answer to the question «Who has been nominated for an academy award most but hasn't won?» often ask the following questions:
🏆 Who has been nominated for the most academy awards?
The individual with the most Oscar nominations of all time is Meryl Streep, with 21 nominations in total and three wins. Katharine Hepburn received 12 nominations but took home one more award than Streep throughout her acting career, winning four Oscars in total.
- How many times has elizabeth taylor been nominated for an academy award?
- Who has been nominated for 17 academy awards?
- How many academy awards has keanu reeves been nominated?
🏆 Who has been nominated the most in the academy awards?
Walt Disney received 59 Academy Awards nominations and won 22 times. In second place are composers John Williams and Alfred Newman, who are tied with 45 Oscar nominations.
- Did elizabeth get nominated for an academy award?
- Was summer nights nominated for an academy award?
- Where to watch academy award nominated movies 2019?
🏆 What movies has leonardo dicaprio been nominated for an academy award?
Leonardo DiCaprio has received many awards, including a Golden Globe Award for Best Actor for his performance in The Aviator (2004), and has been nominated by the Academy Awards, Screen Actors Guild and the British Academy of Film and Television Arts. Leo was nominated for an Academy Award for his movies Blood Diamond, Inception and The Aviator but has never received one :/.
- How many academy awards has francis ford coppola been nominated for?
- Was charlie sheen ever nominated for an academy award?
- Was kristen stewart nominated for an academy award 2010?
1 other answer
We've handpicked 23 related questions for you, similar to «Who has been nominated for an academy award most but hasn't won?» so you can surely find the answer!
What movie was oprah winfrey nominated for academy award?
1985's The Color Purple.
What pictures were nominated in 1957 for academy award?
The nominees for the 29th Academy Awards were: Around the World in Eighty Days (winner), Friendly Persuasion, The King and I and The Ten Commandments.
Who was nominated for an academy award in 1948?
- The film received four Academy Award nominations. Besides Colman’s nomination for Best Actor, the film was nominated for Best Director (George Cukor) and Best Writing, Original Screenplay (Ruth Gordon and Garson Kanin). It won the Award for Best Music, Scoring of a Dramatic or Comedy Picture (Miklós Rózsa).
What actor has been nominated for the most emmy awards?
Susan Lucci is the person with the most Emmy nominations all-time. She has been nominated for a total of 21 Daytime Emmy Awards.
Who has most academy award nominations?
Meryl StreepThe individual with the most Oscar nominations of all time is Meryl Streep, with 21 nominations in total and three wins. Katharine Hepburn received 12 nominations but took home one more award than Streep throughout her acting career, winning four Oscars in total.
Are there any animated films nominated for an academy award?
- Up and Toy Story 3 were both nominated after the inception of the animated feature category and in the expanded ten-nominee format. Only one animated film has been nominated in Best International Feature Film category.
Was rene zelweger nominated for an academy award in chicago?
Yes, she was nominated and lost to Nicole Kidman for The Hours.
What composer was nominated for an academy award 24 times?
- Max Steiner This Austrian-born American composer is well known for his extraordinary work in film during the early ‘30s and ‘40s – and he was recognised with three Oscars (although he was nominated for an impressive 24).
What movies were nominated in 1967 for the academy award?
Academy Award nominees for Best Picture of 1967 were: In the Heat of the Night (winner) Bonnie and Clyde Doctor Dolittle The Graduate Guess Who's Coming to Dinner
What actor was most-nominated for academy awards in the 1990s?
Sir Anthony Hopkins received one Academy Award and earned three other nominations during the 1990s. He won the 1991 Best Actor Oscar for his performance as the evil Dr. Hannibal Lecter in "The Silence of the Lambs." He also was nominated as Best Actor of 1993 for "The Remains of the Day," Best Actor of 1995 for "Nixon" and Best Supporting Actor of 1997 for "Amistad."
Who is the most nominated black actress at the academy awards?
- Netflix had the most nominations for the Academy Awards with 35. Viola Davis is now the most-nominated Black actress ever, with four nominations, and the only Black woman with two best actress nominations. Gary Oldman stars as Herman J. Mankiewicz in Netflix’s “Mank.”
How many times has kevin costner been nominated for oscar award?
Jack nicholson has been 12 times academy awards nominated and has won 3?
Leonardo dicaprio was nominated for an academy award for which film?
What's Eating Gilbert Grape?
What 3 films got leonardo dicaprio nominated for an academy award?
He has been nominated as best supporting actor for What's Eating Gilbert Grape (1993) and as lead actor for The Aviator (2004) and for Blood Diamond (2006).
Who was the first african-american nominated for an academy award?
The first African-American to be nomited for an Academy Award, (who also was the first to win one,) was Hattie McDaniel, who played as "Mammy", in the Movie "Gone With the Wind".
What actress has been nominated for seven academy awards and never won an oscar?
No actress has been nominated more than 6 times without winning.
What christmas movies have been nominated for the academy awards in the 20th century?
There has not been a Christmas movie ever nominated for an Academy Award in the 20th century.
What movies has al pacino been nominated for in the 80th annual academy awards?
How many times has jennette been nominated for a kids' choice award?
How many times has meryl streep been nominated for a tony award?
Once. She was nominated in 1976 for Featured Actress in a Play for "27 Wagons Full of Cotton."
For what 2002 film was diane lane nominated for an academy award?
What was the ninth movie to be nominated for an academy award?
- The ninth film, The Artist (2011), was financed by France and the tenth film, Parasite (2019), was financed by South Korea. Some genres of film (or mediums in the case of an animation) have received few or no nominations or awards. Only three animated films have been nominated — Beauty and the Beast (1991), Up (2009) and Toy Story 3 (2010).